Transportation Equipment Vibration Test
Simulate vibrations/shocks that transportation equipment undergoes during running, and detect the cause of damage
Vibration wave patterns in actual transportation
- Rail: Vibrations that double-stack trains undergo on the USA’s transcontinental railroads
- Trailer: Vibrations that trailers undergo on Japan’s metropolitan expressways
Standard vibration wave patterns
|JIS E 4031:1994 1 & 2||Railway rolling-stock parts – Shock and vibration tests|
|IEC61373 Category 1, Class A||Railway rolling-stock parts – Shock and vibration tests|
For a manufacturer of railway-car devices, we demonstrated, by simulating the vibrations generated in a moving car, that a device has sufficient strength to withstand car vibrations.
JPY2,000,000/day for the 1st day and JPY1,500,000/day for the 2nd day and any subsequent days.
|(1) Number of acceleration
|If the number exceeds 39 channels, more accelerations sensors can be rented:
JPY15,000/channel/week. Calibration certificates for traceability can be arranged by JPY10,000/channel.
|(2) Strain measurement||We will be able to prepare strain gauges on actual expense.|
|(3) Report||1 set (in Japanese)
Reports in English are available at an additional JPY100,000.
|(4) Work contents||Performance of tests, measurements, data analysis, and a report are included in the basic price.
Bring-in, installation, clean-up, and removal of specimen should be organized by the customers’ responsibility. We are able to support customers for the above operation, including the handling of an overhead traveling crane.
- Overtime testing: JPY 250,000/hour
Overtime work: JPY 150,000/hour”
- Acceptance and/or setting in the afternoon before the test date: additional JPY500,000
Dismounting and/or removal in the morning after the test date: additional JPY500,000
If a full day is needed for the above: JPY1,000,000/day
- Displacement measurement: JPY150,000/point
- If needed, a forklift can be rented.
- If another electric power source is needed, an electric generator can be rented.
If you need 3-phase 200V during the vibration test, please ask us in advance.
- Video recording, DVD burning as tetrameric view:
JPY100,000/day for the 1st day and JPY50,000/day for the 2nd day and any subsequent days.
- Seismic-intensity meter: JPY50,000/day
If you do not have an order form from your company, please use our order form.
After receipt of a firm order, we will officially fix the test date.
If you would like to cancel the test or change the date after the test date has been fixed, we will charge a cancellation fee as shown in the following percentages of the total amount of our quotation.
- For cancellations two months to one month prior to the fixed test date: 50%
- For cancellations one month or less prior to the fixed test date: 100%
After receipt of our invoice, payment in cash must be made by the end of the next month.
Half the amount of the test fee might be required as advance payment for first-time customers.
For additional information about this service/product, please contact us by our inquiry form.